ab design elements is a creative, collaborative interior design studio for custom homes and remodels.
Amy is originally from Newton, MA and Baltimore, MD but has lived in Arizona since 1992. With a BS in Interior Architecture (1990), her sketching, space planning, and innovative design skills transform dated, average, and empty spaces into artful and unique interiors. Clients are consistently pleased with the open communication and her ability to find solutions to design and construction challenges. Her most successful projects have been a result of a flexible, creative, and proactive design team made up of the client, the designer / architect, and the contractor(s). Work experience has included:
* residential remodels and custom homes: including as-built drawings, sketched space plans and perspective drawings, detailed floor plans and custom details, lighting and power plans, materials and finishes, custom window treatments and furnishings, as well as construction coordination.
* commercial tenant improvements: building and ADA code compliance, quick turnaround of functional, creative space plans, full specifications of materials and fixtures, construction documents, and heavy coordination with contractors during the building process
* “green” (eco-conscious) remodels that improve air quality, energy efficiency, water efficiency, and promote sustainability. Projects include the first NAHB “emerald” certified remodel in the US, and 8 other green certified remodel projects for G Street (gstreetinc.com)
* construction coordination: working with the GC during construction to ensure design intent and follow through of details
* vacation home full service interior design: often a combination of remodeling design services and full service design including furnishings and installation…”soup to nuts” for clients to just arrive and enjoy
Amy values the important balance of work + family + friends, good humor, hot yoga and hiking, getting lost in a good book, exploring new cities, fresh perspectives, her faith, and her secret stash of dark chocolate.
Michelle moved from the Midwest to the Valley of the Sun in 2000 to attend the Art Institute of Phoenix; earning a BA in Interior Design. For the past fifteen years, she has worked in high end residential design throughout the valley. She brings years of design experience, her natural sketching abilities, and her passion for interior design to the AB Design Elements team, to help create fresh, creative, elegant interiors for clients.
Michelle lives in Central Phoenix, with her husband Anthony. She also enjoys spending time with family and friends, hiking, yoga, traveling and cooking.